These rules are for your safety as well as for the preservation of the traditions of Shorei-Ryu-Karate and all Martial Arts taught here Tarpeins-Moline and Bettendorf.
- When entering or leaving the training mat, students MUST bow towards the center of the mats.
- No jewelry will be worn during the practice sessions.
- Students will always have a clean Gi (Karate uniform).
- Fingernails and toenails must be clean, neat and trimmed.
- Students will maintain a clean and neat appearance.
- No gum chewing is allowed during practice sessions.
- When in Dojo and students arrive early, stretch or work on the required materials and prepare for class.
- No loud talking, laughing or horseplay will be tolerated.
- Students will address their instructors by Sir or Ma’am or Sensei Tarpein.
- At no time will profanity be used or tolerated.
Home Rules for Children
- Children who do not obey their parents or elders may cheerfully be reduced in rank.
- Children shall greet their parents with, “Hi, Mom” or “Hi, Dad” when they enter as well as tell their parents, “Goodbye” when they leave.
- Children will always be respectful of their parents, teachers and elders.
- Children will be kind to their brothers and sisters.
- Children will assist in keeping the household neat and clean.
- Children will keep clean and groom their hair, body and teeth daily.
- Children will not interrupt adult conversation.
Children shall fix the recipe for straight A’s daily!
a. Come home from school, open the refrigerator and have a glass of milk or juice
b. Open your book to review what you studied today
c. Do your homework
d. Preview what you will study tomorrow